Saturday, June 14, 2008

When the Tank is Empty





Why do you come up with the best efforts when you are at your most spent?
Tonight I returned to the short wall. I was tired, and had to motivate myself to get started.
I fitted the shunt and the first attempts had a clarity about them that was lacking the day before. Is it I was thinking clearer as I concentrated harder? As a good friend once said “ether you get good or give up”.
I am happy that I decided to scrap 5 months effort,as the new start sequence is far better, all be it a lot more difficult!.
I enjoy the thought process required when function difficulty is an obstacle, it challenges me in so many ways. It challenges my determination to apply myself and keep coming back after failure.
Failure is a learning tool if you look hard and read the why I failed and most importantly learn from your failure. Each time there is and improvement or an option explored and used or discarded. The most accepted fact surrounding failure is the average adult fails three times at a task then gives up. I am always aware that the feeling of being beaten is a learning tool not to be given up on.
I took today as a step forward I was outside doing what I love learning and enjoying small victories.

"BE NOT AFRAID OF MOVING SLOWLY, ONLY OF STANDING STILL"

No comments: