Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Day Away

Spent the day in the mountains, it was my first trip this season. Just wanted to test my fitness and test some new gear and ideas. There was little snow, but man what a fantastic day. The sky was so blue.






Worked on two equipment tests. One was the way I laced my plastics. The inner is left loose. The outer is now tightened but skipping the last d-ring on the instep before the lock-off ring (see photo). Major break through! Warm feet all day and no pressure point pain.














Secondly, I've reduced the layers to a Helly Hansen Lifa top with a Therma Tech second layer jacket. Thereby reducing layers by one. Now if I'm climbing and it's cold I put one more layer on being a Gore shell. This traps the heat and allows moisture to breath out. When I stop for any period I put a down jacket straight over the top. Now when walking or climbing the layers are light warm, and removing moisture, allowing greater ease of movement.
Checked out several new climbs with a bit more snow and ice, they look very exciting. Check out the photo.



No comments: