Friday, June 13, 2008

Back to the Beginning

After watching two friends climb the short wall, I've scrapped my start sequence. My five months of on/off work is in the rubbish bin.







Today I started the sequence from a completely new point. More in line with the existing bolts.
Man it's so different, it slapped me back time and time again today. The angle has altered several extra degrees it makes a huge difference to the technique needed.


I took several good falls one freaked me out big time. So on the next fall I grabbed the rope. Note, when falling on a shunt - DON'T grab the rope. Result three fingers burnt.



















The big difference with the shunt is, I tire out faster, as there is no rest between falls. I tend to jump straight back on. I need to take more time as my arms pumped out real fast today.

No comments: