Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Old Habits



I I I I I

Got home from a ride this afternoon and was going thorough my post ride clean up. It occurred to me that we are creatures of habit and old habits tend to die hard.
What I'm getting to is years ago I worked for one of the greatest men I've had the pleasure to know. It was on a farm he worked by himself if and when he needed help he hired me. It was hard work long hours and removed from any home comforts, but I loved every day of it because he was so fair, appreciative, and kind. Unwittingly I learnt so much from him.
Today Sal ran the point track twice with the dogs and I rode the pug. As we started the rain arrived it got cold and wet but was a good outing.
When we got home, here's the habit first the dogs got dried and tended to then I washed my bike then I came in side and sorted my wet gear then had a shower. My old employer would always say at the end of a long tough day, first clean the horses and turn them out then feed the dogs then feed yourself. As I was washing the bike his habit came back to me and in a way here I was doing the same dog, horse, self.
great ride and to finish scones and jam with a hot cup of tea.

No comments: