Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Wet Tuesday




woke this morning to heavy rain and its here for the next seven days. Fed the dogs and then had a large coffee to kick start the day. Looking south out my back door it was misty and heavy rain so coated up and load the van.
I drove to the track start and let the hounds out Henrick and lizzie two pointers one Hungarian H and one English l.
I normally mountain bike this track but after the 6hr my free hub bearings are not well, so decided to hike it.
The rain didn't stop small rivets were rushing down the edges of the path all the way to the summit. The rain was cold and wind driven most of the way.

The dogs worked their way up the track disappearing from time to time into the bush and reappearing further on. The rain had no effect on them. I walked steadily all the way to the summit , no view just perpetual rain and wind. It was stark and real the cold biting into my hands and making my nose run.
I feel alive at these times the weather humbles me and gives me greater incite into my life.
When I got home it was colder and the wind had got stronger, by the time I had dried myself and got a fire going both dogs were snoring on the mat by the hearth, some life a dogs life is.

No comments: