Sunday, May 2, 2010

468 metres above sea level


Rode the five pines loop up and down Colonial Knob today. The Knob is 468 metres above sea level at its highest and rears up from sea level for about three ks to the summit. The picture is the view from the start of the climb. The road is gravel and then rock and finally grass. I was happy with my effort its so steep I had walk in two places and it was a welcome rest.

There are two radio masts on the summit, at the second mast I stopped and could see to the south island it was cold but very clear. I tried a new shot sally had mashed banana then mixed it with condensed milk and bagged it in a small zip lock bag. It had gone brown but tasted great and worked cause I needed it.

Its been some time since I rode the pines track and I was pleasantly surprised to see it had been up graded into a cool smooth fast down track , all be it broken with a set of new step carries. I made real fast time on the descent wishing it was longer as always after a long grovel to the summit the down ride is always to short.

Body going great bike workin good.

No comments: