Wednesday, August 24, 2011

ZOOM ( or coping with a lack of talent)



Rode my brand new Surly Pugsley today. Ive been thinking of buying one since i read Jill Homers book "Ghost Trails". Then a few months ago a friend got one and after riding it for point one of a second I knew I had to have a fatty.
I built it up yesterday and had a small ride around the point twice. I learnt that a heavy bike is not for attacking climbs but for relaxing and winding your way into up and over things.
Today's ride was up Colonial Knob and down the reservoir single track then through the hospital walking track and back to the Bay.
It is like nothing Ive every ridden before the bike stops at nothing , i rode over mud tree roots sand, rocks and swamp grass. it just goes on.
My lack of mountain biking skills are hidden by the bikes ability to roll over all in its path.
I dont normally get to excited and name bikes but.... this thing is so cool it begs for one. So Zoom it is cause it sure dosnt zoom, but Fat Larrys band sang a song called Zoom . I grew up around the time it was popular and the double meaning makes me smile every time i say it.

No comments: